Table Of Contents
Few people know the nutrition facts of broccoli, but not everyone knows that broccoli can prevent lots of dangerous diseases.
That is not the only nutrition facts for broccoli, it can also keep your eyes healthy from impaired eyesight.
Four nutrition facts about broccoli:
1- Cancer Prevention
- Broccoli has a special nutrient compound which is called Sulforaphane, that compound can prevent you from cancer
- Broccoli can kill all the prostate cancer cells easily
- Broccoli can protect all your healthy cells very well
2- Eliminates impaired eyesight
- Broccoli is one of the most popular leafy greens, that plays an effective rule in preventing you from eye diseases, like macular degeneration and cataracts
- Broccoli is full of lutein and zeaxanthin which have vitamin A and beta carotene
- All the component of broccoli protect eye tissues from harmful sunlight
3- Improve Detoxification
- Broccoli has a surprising effect on improving detoxification, you can drink only 1-2 broccoli cups a day and all your detoxification will be disappeared
- Broccoli has fiber which helps you to get out toxins from your digestive system
4- Diet aid
- Broccoli considered as one of the greatest vegetables that helps you to lose your weight quickly
- You need to eat broccoli daily to get the best results immediately
- Broccoli is the most suitable vegetable for vegetarians
- Broccoli curbs overeating, helps in digestion, and preserves low blood sugar
- Broccoli can provide 145 mcg of vitamin K, that is a very good amount for adults to lose some weight
Note: it is better to store broccoli in a vegetable perforated bag, and do not wash it at all, in order to keep your broccoli fresh and crisp.
Then make sure that you will use it within a few days, to see the result of this tip.
Broccoli contains super nutrients
There are so many nutrition facts in broccoli, which make it a perfect vegetable.
- It has folic acid that is very necessary to produce new cells in your body, that is why it is very healthy for pregnant women
- It can build collagen because it contains vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant
- It contains potassium which is necessary for heart contraction and the function of nerves
- It can promote bone health because it contains high amounts of vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting
- It has an essential mineral, Iron, which helps in several functions in the body, like transport oxygen in your red blood cells
- It contains manganese which is a main element in fruits and vegetables
- It has an antioxidant, Kaempferol, which has many benefits for health, and it can face different diseases, like cancer, heart disease, and inflammation
- It contains about 28 calories
- besides that It has lots of water, which reaches about 89 percent
Be careful: make sure that you are preparing your broccoli in a healthy way because some researchers found that the best way to prepare broccoli is by not boiling it for so long time because that will kill all cancer-fighting nutrients in your body.
So it is better to steam broccoli for up to 20 minutes and you can also microwave it for up to 8 minutes, and don’t forget to stir-fry it.
– Share with us your experience with eating broccoli.