Table Of Contents
Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet is one of the most delicious recipes, although its preparation is long, but do not worry in the end you will find yourself eating a delicious dish that some people think it is difficult to prepare but we will follow you step by step.
Nutrition Facts of Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- 700 calories.
- Fat: 44 g
- Saturated fat: 27.4 gr
- Cholesterol: 163 mg
- Sodium: 45.5 mg
- Carbohydrates: 9.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g
Ingredients of Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
To make Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet, you need those ingredients:
- 700 g of chicken meat
- A Suitable amount of Salt
- A Suitable amount of black pepper
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- A Quarter cup of Hiland Dairy Sour Cream
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 6 slices of tortilla bread
- 1 can of black olives
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup of pepper powder
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
How To make
To prepare the red enchilada sauce
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and add the flour
- Turn over with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- Add the pepper powder and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, thyme, and cumin.
- Turn the mixture over until it boils then lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes till the sauce will thicken and become smooth.
- Add spices as desired.
To prepare chicken
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring two trays with a size of 9×13 inches and spray the bottoms and sides of a healthy non-stick spray.
- Cover the bottom of each tray with one cup of enchilada sauce.
- In a large skillet, fry the chicken slices then drain it and season with salt and pepper.
- Cheddar cheese is placed in a medium-sized bowl and mixed together.
- Put the chopped onion in a small bowl.
- Put the skillet chicken in a medium-sized bowl.
- put the pan on fire on a very low heat and pour 2 cups of enchilada sauce.
- put the skillet tortilla on one tray and leave it open to add fillings.
- Fill the tortilla bread with about ¼ cups of chicken, one large tablespoon of chopped onion, and ½ cup grated cheese.
- Using hands (take care where it will be hot) to tie the tortilla around the fillings and put it on the side of the bottom edge on the tray to make the enchilada.
- Repeat the process until all the tortillas are browned and filled with sauces and fillings.
- Once the trays are filled with the enchiladas, divide the cheese and Hiland Dairy Sour Cream into the center of the enchiladas in each tray.
- Put the black olives on the cheese and bake the enchiladas for about 30 minutes or until bubbles appear (Taking care not to burn cheese).
- Leave aside for 15 minutes before serving.
We recommend you try this recipe immediately and you will be amazed by the beauty of its taste. If you loved it, please Don’t forget to share your opinion with us in the comments. We will be very glad to share with you.